– 7 to 13 yrs. of experience in quality control in manufacturing-preferably in a rigid packaging industry (products like Metal and Plastic Cans, Steel Drums).
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the products are in compliance with quality parameters set by the customer. The key elements of this role include;
– Drive quality control systems for the product & processes
– Ensure that the company remains to be a qualified supplier
– Address customer complaints
This role is also responsible for maintaining QC systems to give confidence to suppliers on quality of the products. It is this role which supports QC Manager in ensuring systems are periodically audited.
Customer interaction & new vendors/materials
– Supplier audit, vendor assessment
– Ensuring the quality of Finished Goods and incoming materials
– Establishing and maintaining the existing Quality Systems
Identification and establishment of alternative raw material
– Review and resolve the complaints of line QC Inspectors
– Evaluate complaints & take corrective action & Non-conformances
– Incoming quality Assurance
– Ensure quarantine of lots that do not comply with quality standards
– Ensure supplier quality audit is done at supplier
– Provide technical and statistical expertise to the team in conjunction with the QC Manager
– Review Non Conformance and Customer Complaints.
QC Equipment procurement and maintenance
– Team management
– Quality Systems (ISO, Six Sigma etc. ), different testing methods, handling QC instruments, raw materials, printing process and statistical tools. QC Tools.
– Basic knowledge of Finance (Costing & pricing). Working knowledge Excel, PowerPoint & MS Word and ERP tools.