– The incumbent is desired from FTTx environment, should have worked in Telecom Company – Mobile/ISP – in 4G LTE. The client is looking for someone who is dealing with telecom device vendors currently in a significant manner. This is one of the biggest procurement activity for them. He must have experience in developing device vendors ( Modems/ MiFis’ )
– In the past jobs, he should have handled procurement of telecom equipment + other procurement + knowledge of required import regulations
– High levels of integrity and ethics pertaining to purchasing activity
– Should have the ability to work in challenging environment and possess the Can Do attitude.
This is a standalone role where the candidate will be responsible for implementing and refining company’s purchasing strategy. He will develop new vendors and improve working relationships with suppliers, lead contract negotiations.
This is an extremely varied role covering all spend areas. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in a similar purchasing role with a telecom company and be able to demonstrate first class negotiating skills
– The incumbent should have worked in a Telecom company – Mobile / ISP – in 4G LTE and FTTx environment.
– Experience in identifying/ developing vendors for purchase of devices- Modems (MIFi, CPE, ONT), Mobile phones is a must.
– Must have experience in negotiating supply contracts with
– Telecom equipment vendors
– Infra service providers like Tower Cos, international/national OFC bandwidth providers
– SIM vendors
– Establish and implement robust company-wide purchasing procedures
– Develop and implement clear supplier KPIs
– Review purchase requests and ensure approval is in place for large spend items before discussions and negotiations commence
– Ensure formal contract and tendering process are in place to meet company and legal requirements
– Proactively seek out opportunities for the business to make immediate and long-term cost savings
– Develop a reliable base of suppliers who provide good value, competitive pricing and good post sales service and support
– Review current supplier arrangements and take responsibility for identifying opportunities to consolidate or renegotiate terms
– Liaise with suppliers to understand market conditions and any potential impact these might have on pricing
– Ensure prices negotiated with suppliers are consistent and competitive
– Manage internal purchasing process and the placing of orders with external suppliers where appropriate
– Work closely with internal customers on all matters relating to new and existing contracts
– Work closely with the CFO to ensure that cost initiative projects are completed and reviewed on a regular basis.