FMCG / FMCD / Retail / Commodities


Indian consumer segment is broadly segregated into urban and rural markets, and is attracting marketers from across the world. The sector comprises of a huge middle class, relatively large affluent class and a small economically disadvantaged class, with spending anticipated to more than double by 2025. India hit ten year high and stood first among the 63 nations surveyed in the global consumer confidence index with a score of 136 points for the quarter ending December 2016. Global corporations view India as one of the key markets from where future growth is likely to emerge. The growth in India’s consumer market would be primarily driven by a favourable population composition and increasing disposable incomes. India’s robust economic growth and rising household incomes are expected to in-crease consumer spending to US$ 4 trillion by 2025. The maximum consumer spending is likely to occur in food, housing, consumer durables, and transport and communication sectors.


The Indian retail industry has emerged as one of the most dynamic and fast-paced industries due to the entry of several new players. It accounts for over 10 per cent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and around 8 per cent of the employment. India is the world’s fifth-largest global destination in the retail space.

Indian Retail Industry has immense potential as India has the second largest population with affluent middle class, rapid urbanisation and solid growth of internet.
India’s retail market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10 per cent to US$ 1.6 trillion by 2026 from US$ 641 billion in 2016.

While the overall retail market is expected to grow at 12 per cent per annum, modern trade would expand twice as fast at 20 percent per annum and traditional trade at 10 per cent#. Indian retail market is divided into “Organised Retail Market” which is valued at $60 billion which is only 9 per cent of the total sector and “Unorganised Retail Market constitutes the rest 91 per cent of the sector. India’s Business to Business (B2B) e-commerce market is expected to reach US$ 700 billion by 2020. Online retail is expected to be at par with the physical stores in the next five years.

Below are some examples of completed assignments:

  • Head of Trading for a Trading company, Nigeria
  • CFO for a Garment Manufacturing company, Bahrain
  • GM – F&A for a Trading company, Dubai
  • Group FC for a PU Foam Manufacturing company, Kenya
  • Finance Controller for a large Shrimp Trawling company, Lagos
  • GM – Purchase for a Trading company, Dubai
  • Demand Planner for a Global Biscuits and Snacks Manufacturing company, Jeddah
  • Head of Sales – FMCG for a Trading Company, Nigeria
  • GM for a Soft Drink Manufacturing company, Tanzania
  • Head Sales White Goods Division for a FMCG company, Lagos
  • National Sales Manager for a FMCG company, Nairobi
  • AVP – Product Group Head (Air Conditioners) for a leading Indian Conglomerate, Mumbai
  • Regional Head Internal Audit for large distributors of Consumer Discretionary, Malaysia
  • Head Marketing CP for a Personal development company, Saudi Arabia
  • Manager Legal for a Trading Company, Delhi
  • AM Legal for an Indian Conglomerate, Mumbai