– Qualification: B.E, MBA
– Experience:15-20 years (at least 5-10 years in Steel industry: TMT, nails, mesh, sections,)
– Manufacturing process.
– Knowledge of steel manufacturing: TMT, nails, mesh
– Mind set of setting right processes
– Understanding of end-to-end cost.
– Use of IT tools to run operations efficiently.
– Interaction’s sales /customers. (listening)
– To formulate short-term and long-range objectives, plans and programs for the business area at plant and to ensure that corporate plans are materialized. To operate and run the existing Steel manufacturing plant.
– Working on vision to work on making the facility world class, incorporating best layout and manufacturing practices. (Application of Tools like 5S, TPM, to build culture to build cost competitiveness).
– Head end to end operations: from Product Development, to delivery to customers. with defined business outcomes, with culture of continual improvement.
– Production Planning in line with sales plan
– Regular interactions with sales/customer to develop product of required specifications and cost. Ensuring deliveries and quality meeting customer expectations.
– Production with desired level of productivity, Quality, cost, etc.
– Building culture of continual improvement with implementation of Tools like TPM and 5 S.
– Ensure cost down initiatives to build competitiveness
– To rationally do raw material procurement and monitor the yield
– To oversee the general administration function and co-ordinate activities of Quality control, NPD, Admin/Personnel/Human Resource, Maintenance, Dispatch, Stores, Electrical Department.
– Managing stores, procurement, logistics and warehouses operations.
– Legal compliance and safety in the plant with cordial industrial relations.
– Variance referring to Budget, analysis and drawing monitoring corrective actions
– Preparation of capex and operation’s budget, monthly monitoring and efforts to maintain as per budget/better. performance.
– Keep up moral of Team up by building competencies and engagement
– Ensuring Delivery of Products to customers with desired quality and schedule.
– Ensure all elements of manufacturing costs as per set target.
– To assist the CEO in establishing the performance for the location and developing of Key Result Areas as a measure for development of people, operating efficiency, innovation, physical and financial resource utilization, social and environmental responsibility and profitability.
– Review biz parameters and take appropriate actions on time to avoid any deviations.
– Safety of machines, material and employees. To keep the machine down time to the least to match best industry practices
– Develop systems and processes for smooth running of operations.
– Ensure legal compliances to ensure smooth running of biz operations and avoiding any legal issues.
– Develop clear time bound succession plan as agreed.