B.Tech./Diploma in Chemical Engineering and MBA/Diploma in Materials Management.
OR Any Graduate with PG Diploma in Materials management, supply chain management,
logistics or business administration
– Experience in Export/Imports procedures and domestic logistics.
– Experience in the vendor management, vendor audits, negotiation and evaluation
– Working Knowledge of ERP system, SAP, SBO is must
– Good written & verbal communication skills and good analytical skills.
– Sourcing of all materials and intermediates as well as all the items required for day to day plant function. He/ She will also be involved in planning, coordinating,
– Implementing and improving the procurement system.
– Forecast procurement needs, plan and manage inventory levels of raw materials for production
and imported finished goods.
– Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
– In charge of daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, issuing and following up on
Purchase Orders delivery and shipment schedules
– Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
– Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate
the timely purchase of new products.
– Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and
ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation
– Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and
short lead time requirements
– Keep a track of Inventory related KPI such as Days supply of inventories (DSI), Monthly trend, % change over
prior month, inventory as a % of annualised Sales.
– Arrange air and sea freight and liaise with forwarders on services and costs.
– Monitoring of freight and other levies and ensure that all costs incurred are kept within control.
– Maintain procurement records for statutory requirement.
– Liaise with Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.