– BSc / MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields and 5+ years of relevant natural product formulation experience.
– A true team player with strong communication, interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multitask and work within a dynamic organizational structure.
– Ability to analyze business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations required.
– Ability to drive innovation in a competitive industry within a fast paced research environment as evidenced by analytical, project management skills, new product introductions, patents, publications and/or novel product claims.
– Ability to implement in-house project for extraction of herbal ingredients and essential oils.
– This key role will help drive our speed-to-market and innovation initiatives through the design, development, and execution of highly effective and quality formulations.
– Lead the formulation efforts using local Fijian natural ingredients to convert conceptual innovative ideas into actionable product concepts and prototypes that demonstrate unique and consumer perceivable benefits for Skin Care/ Personal Care consumers.
– Understand global formulation requirements and have the ability to manage and work within restricted materials parameters.
– Understanding of TGA and certifications requirements for cosmetic products
– Maintain an organized up-to-date laboratory notebook, project tracker records, and timely, well written project reports.
– Troubleshooting of any issues related to production, product development or product stability.
– Perform an active role in new product brainstorming sessions and develop new concepts and present ideas to Management
– Perform other tasks and projects as directed by the Director.
– Natural product formulation experience required
Attractive salary in Fijian dollar, Family status opportunity.